ADSM-L

question about postschedulecmd if backup command does run

1997-08-13 09:01:04
Subject: question about postschedulecmd if backup command does run
From: Alex Mounayar <Alex.Mounayar AT SMED DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 09:01:04 -0400
We have noticed a possible problem with postschedulecmd processing
if the backup command doesn't run for some reason.

We use the pre and post -schedulecmd to stop and start a database
application.  However if the scheduled backup command(incremental in this case)
doesn't run neither does the postschedulecmd which leaves the database
application
down because the preschedulecmd had already run.

The error we got was ANS4835E "Either the window has elasped or the schedule
has been
deleted".  The window had elasped in this case.

The client(2.1.0.6) is running on AIX 4.1.4.

Does anyone else who ran into this have any advice?

Thanks,

Alex Mounayar, Shared Medical Systems