ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:06:06
I've installed on NT five or six times so far.  Works great.

Best config I've found so far:

2 200 Mhz processors (doesn't seem to matter how much cache, 256 is fine)
256 MB Memory (128 is OK, but 256 is obviously better, and heh, memory's cheap!)
A separate SCSI bus for disks and tapes, preferably more than one for tapes as
well.
Hardware RAID on the disks.  At first I thought I'd like to do the "striping"
of the ADSM stuff myself, but then decided to let the hardware do it.  I put
all the *.dsm files in a single directory on the big RAID 5 drive.  Now, I've
never had a disk fail in a RAID set, so I don't what the performance is going
to be like, but I can imagine.

Pools:

I like to have a large enough disk pool to accomodate a nights incremental
backup.  I've got one server installed with 16 GB and another with 12 GB.
These can grow fairly easy if I need them to.

The last thing to decide is tapes.  I like the BreeceHill robots.  Sharp, very
sharp, systems.

Any more?  Let me know...

Kelly