ADSM-L

APAR IC16949

1997-08-11 16:18:39
Subject: APAR IC16949
From: Tom Denier <tom AT STAFF.UDC.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 16:18:39 -0400
APAR IC16949 describes a client software bug that causes restores of
symbolic links to fail. There is still no PTF for the bug, but there
is a circumvention, which consists of specifying 'uselargebuffers no'
in the client options file. The title line at the top of the APAR
description reads 'SYMBOLIC LINKS ARE NOT BEING RESTORED UNDER AIX
CLIENTS (4.1 AND 3.25)'. The first sentence of the 'Error Description'
section starts off 'Symbolic links are NOT being recovered under AIX
clients (4.1 and 4.2)'. Which list of AIX levels is correct? We have
a mixture of clients at different AIX levels, and I would prefer not
to have to edit options files on all of them because IBM's sloppy
technical writing makes it impossible to figure out which systems
really need the change.