ADSM-L

Re[2]: Moving the ADSM database

1997-08-11 15:15:49
Subject: Re[2]: Moving the ADSM database
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 14:15:49 -0500
     Or..

     1. Use dsmfmt to allocate/format new db areas.
     2. DEFINE DBVOLUME(s) (new names from above) to adsm.
     3. DELETE DBVOL (old name)    --  this will make adsm migrate db info
     from the old.name area to new.name area(s)
     4. cd  to wherever old files are
     5. rm  old.named.file

     I've used this many times while the server is running.  It's still a
     good idea to have a backup tho'.

     Al Barth
     Zurich Kemper Investments