ADSM-L

Re: ADSM LOTUS NOTE AGENT

1997-08-06 20:10:45
Subject: Re: ADSM LOTUS NOTE AGENT
From: Dennis Schaffer <Dennis.Schaffer AT MUTUALOFOMAHA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 18:10:45 -0600
Paul,

I don't have the product but, based on reading the documentation of the
Notes Agent a few months ago, it seemed that to use the Notes Agent to
restore an entire database, you would have to restore all of the individual
notes.

For that reason, the documentation seemed to suggest using a combination of
Notes Agent and standard file backups so that you could use a standard
restore of the .nsf file to restore the entire database.  You would restore
individual notes only (or groups of notes) with the Notes Agent.

However, I had a hard time understanding how you would properly synchronize
the expiration of the entire files and the associated individual documents
that comprised that file/database so that you didn't retain individual
versions of notes which were older than the database file versions they
were associated with.  It seemed like a big headache to me.  So, we didn't
choose to use the Agent.

Dennis Schaffer
Mutual of Omaha