ADSM-L

Converting from ADSM AIX to ADSM MVS or ADSM NT

1997-08-06 10:50:38
Subject: Converting from ADSM AIX to ADSM MVS or ADSM NT
From: "Boles, Angel V." <bolesav AT WESTINGHOUSE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 10:50:38 -0400
Has anyone ever taken an ADSM AIX server and moved it to an ADSM MVS
platform or an ADSM NT platform?  Our managment has made a decision to
get rid of AIX platforms, and that implies moving our ADSM system over
to MVS and/or NT.  We have a lot of clients with terabytes of data and
we'd hate to have to reback everything up all over again.  We'd be using
the same tape technology (3590's) in MVS and we were wondering if
building an MVS ADSM system and moving the AIX ADSM database over would
work, (as well as moving the tapes over and pointing the clients to the
new ADSM server)?

Thanks,

Angel Boles