ADSM-L

ADSM startup configuration

1997-08-05 19:06:00
Subject: ADSM startup configuration
From: "Alexander, Robert" <ralexander AT SHL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 17:06:00 -0600
Hello all!

Has anyone had an experience where they wish to start up the ADSM server
process
without allowing client connections until the availability has been set
to ENABLE??

We want to start ADSM, run some processing from an admin client and then
set the server
availability to ENABLE, once that processing completes. The problem is
that we have
oracle database log files set to be archived at a regular interval via
cron. Suppose we have
the adsm server process stopped. As we start up the adsm server process,
it goes through
some checks and waits for our DLT units to report in- but cron may try
to schedule its archive
as the server is coming up, preempting our initalization and possibly
causing tape problems.
Is this possible to avoid with an option flag or startup flag to the
dsmserv process???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob Alexander