ADSM-L

Re: AIX 4.2 and ADSM

1997-08-05 13:00:56
Subject: Re: AIX 4.2 and ADSM
From: Sheelagh Treweek <sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 18:00:56 +0100
We too have been very patiently waiting for an announcement regarding
AIX 4.2/HSM support as we have made a very large investment in the
product to the tune of more than 1TB of space-managed data.

We are upgrading our ADSM server to AIX 4.2 next week (an R40) and would
very much like to be able to upgrade the fileserver containing the 1TB
of space-managed data from 4.1.5 to 4.2 as well ...

We have tried asking IBM via several routes as to the availability of
HSM on AIX 4.2 and as yet have not had an answer from anyone.  Please,
can this be addressed by someone in IBM now?

Thanks. Regards, Sheelagh

Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Oxford University Computing Services     Tel:   +44 (0)1865 273205
13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN, UK     Fax:   +44 (0)1865 273275