ADSM-L

Non-Technical question for ADSM Admin...

1997-08-04 07:20:40
Subject: Non-Technical question for ADSM Admin...
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 13:20:40 +0200
Hi everyone,

We are busy setting up procedures etc. for our distributed
environment - all platforms.

Most of the people I've spoken to have the taken their
mainframe storage admin people and deployed them
in the distr. environment using tools such as ADSM.

I would be interested to know how it was inplemented
in your company. I already know there are a few people
on the list that came from MVS backgrounds, but even the
people with no mainframe background, please let me know
what you look after in terms of the storage administration.
Do you do performance and tuning, space mgmt.,
backup&recovery file expiration, DR etc. , or do you only
look after operational backup&recovery?
You can send replies directly to my personal E-mail at
christoh AT absa.co DOT za.

Regards

Christo Heuer
Johannesburg