ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:06:06
Unlike NetWare 3.x, NetWare 4.x uses a relational database to hold
information on users, groups, objects, just about everything.  Novell
calls this database NDS (NetWare Directory Services).  In order to
maintain backward compatibility with NetWare 3.x servers and clients,
they built a system into NetWare 4.x that will mimic a NetWare 3.x
system of users and groups called Bindery Emulation.  If you have only
one NetWare 4.x server, Bindery Emulation is active on that server by
default.  Copies of the bindery are distributed via Replicas.  Use NDS
manager to see which of your NetWare 4.x servers have replicas and what
types they are.  There are Read Only, Read Write and Master.  Make sure
your clients are getting logged into NetWare 4.x via NDS by dropping to
a command prompt and typing "whoami"  You should see something like
this:

User ID:    MGRIFFIN
Server:     SC2_SYSTEMS   NetWare v3.12 (250 user)
Connection: 37 (Bindery)
Login time: Friday 8/01/97 10:47:53 am

User ID:    MGRIFFIN
Server:     PAYROLL_SRV  NetWare 4.11
Connection: 7 (Directory Services)

User ID:    MGRIFFIN
Server:     COMMON  NetWare 4.11
Connection: 49 (Directory Services)

Then you can see which connections ADSM is complaining about.  Change
the client login process to login to 4.x servers in NDS.

Hope this helps...I know it was long winded!

--
Matthew Griffin, griffinm AT dimensional DOT com
Matthew Griffin, griffinm AT dimensional DOT com