ADSM-L

ADSM not scratching DUMP tapes

1997-08-01 11:46:15
Subject: ADSM not scratching DUMP tapes
From: Gary Wood <glw2 AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 11:46:15 EDT
I think I may know the answer to this, but will pose the question to
confirm.  We run the ADSM server on MVS (version 1), backing up the
data base via the DUMP DB command.  I set up a separate device class
for this purpose, to 3480 cartridge, with a retention of 30 days.
The tapes show up in the tape mgmt system (TLMS) with the 30-day ret
but are never scratched by TLMS.  I must go in and manually scratch
them using the info from the VOLHIST file.  The deletion exit for TLMS
is in place and works nicely for the tapes which have gone through
Reclamation.  Why doesn't ADSM tell TLMS to scratch the DUMP DB tapes
after 30 days ??