ADSM-L

Solaris Version 1 restore

1997-08-01 08:18:10
Subject: Solaris Version 1 restore
From: Morrison Joseph Datavia <JosephM2 AT TRANSNET.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 14:18:10 +0200
Howzit adsm'ers!

I just restored my ADSM version 1 server database on our Solaris
server(with some help from IBM South Africa).

Anyone out there still running version 1 please note:
a) A devconfig file is not supported.
b) To restore the database, you must define your devclass, drive and
library in
    the dsmserv.opt file using DUMPLOADDB statements.This information is
        contained in the manuals, however, what the manuals don't tell
you is that
    you should create a new(empty) dsmserv.opt and add only the
DUMPLOADDB statements.
c) You can only use your library in manual mode and you have to mount
      volumes manually.

Hope this saves someone some time!

Cheers!

Joe Morrison