ADSM-L

AW: Filtering Lotus Notes directories on

1997-08-01 04:17:09
Subject: AW: Filtering Lotus Notes directories on
From: "Bartl, Michael" <michael.bartl AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 09:17:09 +0100
Right. The directory structure does not get saved into any storage pool,
but into the ADSM database. The retention period of the directory
structure (after deletion) is set to the longest existing period of all
management classes, as you probably need the structure to restore files
from this class.
It seems strange when ADSM saves the whole structe just to backup one
single file or directory (common test strategy). In fact the OPT file
does not have any influence on backing up this structure, but you won't
see ADSM having backed up any excluded files when you analyse the
DSMSCHED.LOG.

Regards,
Michael
--