ADSM-L

Charging for ADSM backup services

1997-07-29 18:54:54
Subject: Charging for ADSM backup services
From: Ray Mamaradlo <rjmamaradlo AT CO.BNA.BOEING DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 15:54:54 PDT
We are looking at alternatives to running ADSM; which we currently run on
the mainframe.  We are looking at moving ADSM to Unix; possibly investing
in a Magstar.  We are expecting management to ask for cost justification
and we are concerned about recovering the cost of the expenditures.

Question...How to you recover the costs? Does anyone have a charge back
mechanism in place for recovering costs for backing up distributed
services?

Any ideas, suggestions, and experiences would be appreciated.

Ray Mamaradlo, Systems Programmer
Boeing