ADSM-L

Re: Remote library backup stg pool and dbbackup

1997-07-29 05:42:00
Subject: Re: Remote library backup stg pool and dbbackup
From: Sal Salak Juraj <IMCEAMS-KEBALINZ_CENTRAL_sal AT MSMAIL.KEBA.CO DOT AT>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:42:00 +0200
John Groves wrote:

> Our SafeDistance product provides a pure-software solution for backup
> storage pool and dbbackup to a remote library.  We use TCP/IP, so any
> network link can be used without laying your own fiber!  SafeDistance
> allows an ADSM server to transparently use a remote library as if it
> were local.
>
> More info can be obtained from our web (link below).  Follow the
> "products" link and then the "SafeDistance" link.
> Open Microsystems Inc.   WWW: http://www.openmic.com

Thanks John.
Althoug not solution for me right  know
first  it would not reduce e
network traffic in the segment with ADSM Server,
second it is neither available for os/2 nor for NT,
I will keep your  notice as it can become interesting later.

Generally - I am surprised, that after having watched ADSM´s www site
for more times and watched the list for months,
I did not know about your product earlier.

An extra  www page with links on existing software and hardware add-ons
ADSM, like your tool and oracle backup agents etc. would be nice.

It eventually would help IBM to sell fel licences of ADSM more, also,
as some ADSM installations maybe
only make sence WITH third party add-ons.

Juraj Salak