ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:06:44
     OK, beat me with a wet noodle cause I'm telling you of
     AN UNDOCUMENTED, UNSUPPORTED, IF YOU ISSUE IT FROM AN MVS CONSOLE VIA
     F ADSM,xxxxxx you will kill your system due to WTO buffer flooding...
     kind'a command but here it is...
     Oh, if y ou issue it thru a tso dsmadmc session, or what I like to do
     is run dsmadmc on an AIX box and just point it to the MVS server, it
     runs no problem ie. has no effect on MVS.

     SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE <nodename>

     I use this when we are having to recover a node so the protien tape
     mounting systems can have them all on a cart, nice & neat, so their is
     no excuse for tape mount delays ;-)
     example:
     adsm> show volumeusage tdcnf15
     SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE started.
       Volume XA6926 in use by node TDCNF15.
       Volume XA7315 in use by node TDCNF15.
       Volume XA7653 in use by node TDCNF15.
       Volume XA8041 in use by node TDCNF15.
       Volume XA7184 in use by node TDCNF15.
       Volume XA8225 in use by node TDCNF15.
     now this will take a while to run so don't get in a hurry
     and generally what I do to capture the output is do a "script" in the
     unix/aix environment to save all screen I/O into a file

     I do know that just SHOW VOLUMEUSAGE with no node name will run and
     give you a list BUT what I don't know is if it lists all nodes on a
     tape when you are not running collocation.

     hope this helps...
     later
         Dwight