ADSM-L

Problems with adsmpipe and dd

1997-07-21 05:09:11
Subject: Problems with adsmpipe and dd
From: Agris Krusts <akrusts AT TELEKOM DOT LV>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:09:11 +0300
Hello!
 When doing test retore from adsm we encounter strange behavior of
adsmpipe and dd command. With files greater than 1GB or so dd command
showed about 3 - 4 times greated amount of data copied and failed to copy
one or two last blocks. Small files were ok. Of course, these big files
were corrupted from Oracle point of view. The extending of logical volume
didn't help.
 Before that I did almost the same thing an everything worked ok. The
difference were now I restored to different logical volumes (but the same
size). Of cause volume group was different. Block size for dd command in
both cases was 128k.
 Maybe someone had similar problem?
Agris