ADSM-L

Re: sparse file for ORACLE

1997-07-20 18:59:24
Subject: Re: sparse file for ORACLE
From: Laurence Beard <lbeard AT CSCNZ.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 10:59:24 +1200
     Does anybody know???

     We are backing up an ORACLE database and someone has mentioned sparse
     files. My understanding is ORACLE will allocate a lot of space in its
     tablespaces that it does not use, (in same situations) when the
     database is backed up, this unused spaced is truncated to shorten the
     backup time.

     How does ADSTAR handle this situation ?

     What is SQLTRACK and its benefits ??

                                        Regards