ADSM-L

3570

1997-07-13 06:24:23
Subject: 3570
From: Rudinei Miguel <rkalil AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 10:24:23 BSC
 I am configuring the following environment:
 IBM RS/6000 J40 running AIX 4.1.5
 IBM 3570 model B01  --> 00-07-A1-05
 ADSM Server 2.1.5.12
 I have already configured ADSM but when I tried to configure the drive
 and the library to ADSM I just saw problems.  I tried it using both
 define library and define drive command.  I tried to configure
 devices to ADSM(add tape and add library), but the problems still
 occuring.
 Another problem that I saw is that I have to set the 3570 to OFFLINE
 to boot the machine. If I don't do this, the machine hangs with led
 554.
 Am I doing something wrong???
 Can anyone give me the =B4recipe=B4 to configure this unit to ADSM???
 I think this is easy but I didn't find a way to success with it??
 Thanks,
                                         Rudinei Kalil