ADSM-L

Re: Background process monitoring

1997-07-17 16:44:49
Subject: Re: Background process monitoring
From: Mike Broomhead <mike_broomhead AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 16:44:49 EDT
: Mike Broomhead,                    ITSO San Jose,           :
: mike_broomhead AT uk.ibm DOT com          Almaden Research Facility:
: GBIBM4F2@IBMMAIL or broomm@NHBVM1  San Jose, California     :

Sheelagh,
I cannot tell you what's in V3 and what's not.
However, I will say that having read your append, I feel that
V3 does address this area. I don't know whether it will address
ALL of your needs, only you can decide that.

Like a lot of these things, we can only ask you to be patient for a
little longer. I know it's frustrating not having specific info, but
there are many reasons why we can't do this. For example, in the past,
a competitor picked up on one of our pre-announcements and beat us
to implementing SOMETHING in that general area. While process manegement
isn't a reason to buy / not buy ADSM, if we disclosed info for some
things, it would be difficult to draw a line.

Sorry to twitter on - but I mean that sincerely.
best wishes,

Mike Broomhead
Storage and Data Management,
RS/6000 Sales Support, IBM Manchester