ADSM-L

Sharing of a 3494 Library

1997-07-14 11:55:39
Subject: Sharing of a 3494 Library
From: Klaus Schmidt <K.Schmidt AT STUD.UNI-FRANKFURT DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 17:55:39 +0200
We would like to share a 3494 Library between two hosts:
A RS6000 running ADSM and a Cray-J90 running their
HSM software ("DMF").

Has anybody experiences with this or a similar configuration?

How can it prevented, that RS6000 overwrite tapes used by the Cray
and vice versa? My understanding is that this should be a function
of the library manager.

Thank you in advance, Klaus.

--
Klaus Schmidt (baakueds AT ufer.zib-berlin DOT de)
Klaus Schmidt (baakueds AT ufer.zib-berlin DOT de)