ADSM-L

Re: Destroyed Tape in a COPYPOOL

1997-07-14 09:43:16
Subject: Re: Destroyed Tape in a COPYPOOL
From: Tom Denier <tom AT STAFF.UDC.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:43:16 -0400
James SPORER wrote:

> I have been looking in various manuals for a while now and cannot figure out
> how
> to handle a tape that is in a COPYPOOL that is no longer available.  I cannot
> do
> a restore or mark the tape as destroyed since those commands are only
> available
> for primary storage pools.  This cannot be that difficult to handle but I
> can't
> find anything in the manuals.  Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Change the access mode of the lost tape to 'offsite' if it isn't set to
that value already. Then run a MOVE DATA command with the volume serial
number of the lost tape as its argument. ADSM will check its database to
find out which backup files were on the tape, read the primary copies of
these files from various primary storage pool volumes, and copy these
files to one or more writable volumes in the copy storage pool.