ADSM-L

Novell Compressed files on uncompressed volumes

1997-07-10 12:37:57
Subject: Novell Compressed files on uncompressed volumes
From: Chris Berthaut <cberthaut AT WORLDNET.ATT DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 11:37:57 -0500
Well, it proves to me that ADSM handles Netware attributes well, but
it's causing me a bit of a problem:
I have ADSM backing up several servers. In a DR test, I wanted to
restore files from one server (whose volume has compression enabled) on
to another (whose volume does NOT have compression enabled). Everything
looked like it was going to work, when all of a sudden, BLAMMO! I get
the following messge
(TSA400 4.6 333) Attempt to put compressed data on non-compressed
volume.
which then times out with an ANS4301E Server detected system error.
Anyone know how I can get around this? For these files, it's not
important to use SMS, so if there is any way to accomplish this someone
let me know? Or is there a simpler way to specify it when restoring
these files to the uncompressed volumes.
Feel free to reply here or directly to me at cberthaut AT hiberniabank DOT com
Thanks!!
Chris Berthaut
Hibernia National Bank
New Orleans, LA