ADSM-L

ADSM Server Not Starting within Window

2015-10-04 18:06:44
Subject: ADSM Server Not Starting within Window
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 7/8/97 10:24AM
Based on a couple of other messages that have been posted, there seems to be
more here than meets the eye......

First, are both the server and the client in the same time zone?  I know this
sounds dumb, but the backups are driven off of the server time normally, so
if they are different, then you need to allow for this.

Assuming they are (duh...), then is your server time set correctly?  Again -
sounds dumb, but....  One thing to watch for in the MVS world is the C run
time code - there were several problems reported with date handling in ADSM
that were traced back to problems with date offsets and how the system
handled them.  To check if your server is ok, just look at the time stamp on
you most recent activity log record.  It should be obvious, but when we had
this bug, it was a case of "couldn't see the trees for the forest" - we
looked at the message content, and didn't look at the date/time stamp......

Hope this helps.....

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    7/8/97 10:24 AM

     We've scheduled a backup to start at 18:00 on weekdays.  The duration
     is set at 3 hours, with a priority of 1.

     The operation isn't starting until 23:00.  Is there any way to make
     ADSM start this operation within the stated options?

     Sherry Jackson
     Whirlpool Corporation