ADSM-L

Include/Exclude with DFS

1997-07-07 04:51:27
Subject: Include/Exclude with DFS
From: Alexander Verkooyen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 10:51:27 +0200
Hi,

I've installed the DFS Backup Client last week.
It backs up and restores files and DFS ACL's without any
problem so I guess it is working :-)

This morning I wanted to have a include/exclude file to exclude
'/...' so nobody would start a backup of all DFS cells on the
planet (And maybe we'll have some DFS cells on Mars in the
near future)

This technique is recommended by the manual ("AFS/DFS Backup Clients",
SH26-4048-00) on page 22.

I added this line to the options file, dsm.opt:

DFSINCLEXCL             /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dfsinclexcl

I created a simple, one-line file called dfsinclexcl and started
a client session.
The client blurted out an error message and stopped.

ANS4042S Invalid option 'DFSINCLEXCL' found in options file
ANS4042S Invalid option 'DFSINCLEXCL' found in options file
'/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsm.opt'
         at line number : 13
         Invalid entry : 'DFSINCLEXCL           /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dfsinclexcl'

ANS4044S Invalid option specified
What? DFSINCLEXCL is an invalid option? Is this a bug? Or, more likely,
What? DFSINCLEXCL is an invalid option? Is this a bug? Or, more likely,
am I doing something wrong?

Has anybody seen this before?

Regards,

Alexander

(running ADSM V2.1.0.12 on a SP2 (AIX 4.1.4.0) using 3494 with 4 3590 units,
 backup/archive client's 2.1.0.6 on AIX 3.2, AIX 4.1.4, SunOs, Solaris,
 IRIX, Win95, WinNT, HSM client 2.1.0.6 on AIX 4.1.4.0)

* Alexander Verkooijen     * SARA                  *
* Systems Programmer       * Academic Computing    *
* alexander AT sara DOT nl        * Services Amsterdam    *