ADSM-L

Re: HELP, DISASTER

1997-07-05 10:05:29
Subject: Re: HELP, DISASTER
From: Alan Hamilton <alanh AT PRIMENET DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 07:05:29 -0700
I had this problem once before, and it was caused by a bad recovery log.
Did you mirror your recovery log (have multiple files defined?)?  If so,
try renaming the first one so ADSM can't find it.  It will go to the second
one.  Once it's up again, you can delete the corrupted recovery log, format
a new one, and add it back into ADSM.

BTW, I'm surprised that ADSM doesn't go to the mirrored copies
automatically when it encounters a corrupt log.

      /
  /  *  /  Alan Hamilton
 *     *   alanh AT primenet DOT com