ADSM-L

Re: NT clients failing on large drives

1997-07-02 17:33:44
Subject: Re: NT clients failing on large drives
From: Chris Zaremba <zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 17:33:44 -0400
Alex,

>We just installed the nt client (ptf 6) on a couple of NT
>servers with large raid partitions(12g+).  Incrementals have
>failed on the large partitions.  This has happened on several machines
>with these large partitions.

You most likely need to increase your COMMTIMEOUT  value on the server.  The
currentt value
of 60 seconds is not enough for such large filespaces as it can easily take
more time for the client
to build the directory tree in memory to begin the incremental process.  I
would recommend you try
180 sec and increase it as necessary if that still doesn't work.

Chris Zaremba
RBS Project Manager
IBM Global Services , Endicott, NY
Ph:(607) 752-2331  FAX: (607) 755-2850