ADSM-L

Reply to RE: NOTES SERVERS

1997-07-02 17:10:48
Subject: Reply to RE: NOTES SERVERS
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 17:10:48 EDT
Hi Peter,
That's what we did.  And for some reason, sporadically, on all our
Notes servers the server won't start up..  and the DSMSCHED.LOG
shows RC=2 on the POST processing command.  Most of the time, on all
the servers, it works.  I was just wondering if anyone has come up
with something more reliable.
Julie
*** Original Author:  I4458179 @ IBMMAIL - ** Remote User **; 07/02/97 04:05pm

From: Peter Thomas on 07/02/97 05:04 PM
Julie

Shouldn't it be as easy (this is assuming NT after all) as doing a "NET
STOP <service name>"  and a "NET START <service name>"?

I'd place each of these in a batch file and schedule the batch files at the
PRE and POST command in the DSM.OPT file.

Peter Thomas