ADSM-L

NT Registry restore

1997-07-02 16:32:24
Subject: NT Registry restore
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 16:32:24 EDT
I need help!
I've installed NT and ADSM on a machine and need to restore another
machine (different hardware) to it.  It's my understanding that all
pieces of the registry can be restored except the SYSTEM hive.
I was told to restore the other 3 pieces to a temporary directory,
then boot to DOS and copy the pieces over.  When we do a REGREST,
however, there is no parameter for restoring to a temporary directory.
Can I just restore it right in and skip the temporary directory/boot
to DOS/copy over business?
TIA,
Julie Phinney
JULPHINN AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM