ADSM-L

Re: Macintosh Restore

1997-07-02 12:58:19
Subject: Re: Macintosh Restore
From: Alfred Novacek <Novacek AT POP.IDV.UNI-LINZ.AC DOT AT>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 18:58:19 +0200
John Ma <john_ma AT IBM DOT NET> wrote:
>Richard Sims wrote:
>>
>> >I have enought memory and disk drive space for restore. I can do a
>> >restore of one folder at a time..
>>
>> You may have enough memory in your Mac, but have you boosted the amount
>> of memory that the ADSM application may use via Get Info?
>>     R. Sims, BU
>
> I had set my virtual memory to 142MB, still having the sam message.

John,

Raising the "Virtual Memory" setting in the "Memory" control panel will
increase the amount of memory to applications in general, but it will not
help unless You raise the amount of memory that is allocated to the ADSM
application in particular. In order to change this setting, from the
Macintosh Finder, select the "ADSM Backup" icon, then select the "Get Info"
menu choice within the Finder's "File" menu. A dialog will appear that
allows You to change the minimum and maximum amount of memory allocated to
"ADSM Backup".

HTH - Alfred Novacek

P.S.: I am using a German version of the MacOS operating system, so I had
to translate the names of menus, control panels, ... back to English. I
hope I picked the correct terms, but in case I did not, it should not be so
hard the correct ones.

Dipl.-Ing. Alfred Novacek
Dipl.-Ing. Alfred Novacek
Institute for Data Processing in Business Administrations,
     Social and Economic Sciences
Johannes Kepler University Linz / Austria
E-Mail: Novacek AT idv.uni-linz.ac DOT at
        Novacek AT pop.idv.uni-linz.ac DOT at
WWW: http://www.idv.uni-linz.ac.at