ADSM-L

Restore of symbolic links

1997-06-30 12:39:36
Subject: Restore of symbolic links
From: Matthias Feyerabend <M.Feyerabend AT GSI DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 17:39:36 +0100
Hello to ADSM - Users,

Pay attention if you are using ADSM to restore filesystems
with symbolic links. You have to code USELARGEBUFFERS=no
to get working restores of symbolic links.
Otherwise the links point to nothing.

I was suffering under this code bug last week during restore
of 12 filesystems, over 20 GB. Some 1698 links point now to
nothing and I have to think how to repair it.
All what was missing is this "USELARGEbuffers=NO" !!!

See also APAR IC16949.

Environment:
AIX client 2.1.6 with AIX server 2.1.5.12.

Condolences to
Matthias Feyerabend

Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
GSI, Darmstadt                 internet: M.Feyerabend AT gsi DOT de