ADSM-L

Re: retrieve problem with AIX client

1997-06-30 11:16:47
Subject: Re: retrieve problem with AIX client
From: "Mark J. Cecil" <mjc AT WAYLOO.TCS.TULANE DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 10:16:47 -0500
> I use the AIX client 2.1.0.5
> with the 'dsm' GUI I can archive files but I cannot retrieve them.
> Whatever I try, it says:
>
>         ANS3162I No files match specification.
>
> With the command line interface 'dsmc' everything works.
> Any ideas ?

Take a look at the date ranges in your selection window (Titled "Retrieve
Scope").

I had this problem, and it was resolved by making the From: portion
of the date ranges suitably recent.  The problem seems to originate
in the conversion from the two-digit GUI year, and the 4-digit year
required by ADSMServ.  I don't know what the breakpoint is, but a
year is assumed to be post-2000 if the 2-digit year is suitably small.

I hope no-one in ADSM development gets offended, but the inconsistencies
in the software from platform to platform (indeed, interface to interface
on the SAME platform) are the largest headache I have with this product.

Mark

--
============== See me at http://www.Tulane.EDU/~mjc ======================
============== See me at http://www.Tulane.EDU/~mjc ======================