ADSM-L

Incremental Backup failures I am running an OS/2 client (Ver 2, Rel 1, Level .2) backing up to an I am running an OS/2 client (Ver 2, Rel 1, Level .2) backing up to an MVS Server (Ver 2, Rel 1, Level .12) and am doing an incremental backing up of a number of OS/2 Warp servers every night.

2015-10-04 18:07:24
Subject: Incremental Backup failures I am running an OS/2 client (Ver 2, Rel 1, Level .2) backing up to an I am running an OS/2 client (Ver 2, Rel 1, Level .2) backing up to an MVS Server (Ver 2, Rel 1, Level .12) and am doing an incremental backing up of a number of OS/2 Warp servers every night.
From: Peter Piechocinski at CLAPO002
To: ADMS-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU at INTERNET
Date: 6/26/97 8:12PM
     On a number of the clients I am getting one of, or a combination of
     the following errors on a nightly basis (from DSMERROR.LOG). To work
     around the problem and have the backups finish, they are run from REXX
     that checks the return code and restarts the incremental backup if the
     return code is not 0.

     Any suggestions as to what might be happening here?

     CpicRead: Error reading (31744 requested bytes), rc:
     CM_RESOURCE_FAILURE_RETRY (27) from CPIC call cmrcv.
     sessRecvVerb: Error -211 from call to 'readRtn'.
     ANS4952S Session rejected: SNALU6.2 connection failure.
     CPIC resource error

     CpicOpen: Error unable to allocate conversation, rc:
     CM_ALLOCATE_FAILURE_NO_RETRY (1) from CPIC call cmallc.
     sessOpen: Failure in communications open call. rc: -201
     ANS4942S Session rejected: SNALU6.2 connection failure.
     CPIC unable to allocate conversation

     cuSignOnResp: Server rejected session; result code: 51
     sessOpen: Error 51 receiving SignOnResp verb from server
     ANS4351E Session rejected: All server sessions are currently in use

     Thanks,

     Peter Piechocinski
     (peter_piechocinski AT canadalife DOT com)
     Canada Life Assurance Company