ADSM-L

Programs that report what is using ADSM tape space.

1997-06-26 16:07:37
Subject: Programs that report what is using ADSM tape space.
From: Tim Dobrowolsky <tim AT CATRS.CAT.CC.MD DOT US>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 16:07:37 -0400
I just had an increase in my server usage and wanted to know what was going
on.  While "query auditoccupancy" gave me an idea of which hosts where
backing up alot of data, I had no idea what on those hosts where the problem.
So I coded up some primitive PERL scripts to take a complete content dump (!)
of my volumes, sort and list by size (factoring in multiple
copies) the files.  The file paths are in the form node:vol:path/file.
This way I could see which files are using up the most space.

With this report, I found out all kinds of interesting things about my
organization - including files that really didn't need to be backed up.
(Of course, my "query content *" created a 350 Meg text file)

My question:  Is there already something in ADSM that does this?