ADSM-L

Backup Preview function

1997-06-26 15:00:31
Subject: Backup Preview function
From: Dennis Riley <riley AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 15:00:31 -0400
Hello ADSMers,
 I've had a user request a function from ADSM which I don't think exists,
but I can see a use for: A "preview backup" function. What this function
would provide is the ability to run a backup without sending the data to
the server but just listing which files would be backed up. This would be
great for verifying that the exclude list was working as designed, before
sending serveral MBytes of data to the server.

So, has anybody done this? Or, if not, see enough need that we can get IBM
to include it in the future?

Dennis Riley               riley AT timken DOT com
Technical Principal        330-471-3515
The Timken Company         Canton, OH
Former CICS techie seeking the riches of UNIX Administration