ADSM-L

ADSM VLDB Backup

1997-06-24 09:11:28
Subject: ADSM VLDB Backup
From: David Hendrix 216832 <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 09:11:28 -0400
Has anyone found more information about the recent VLDB backup results
utilizing ADSM/SP2/3590/EBU?  Went to the link and it looks like it
simply is an announcement.

I am interested in hardware config but most of all the tuning they did
to drive those 3590s at 9mb/sec.  We have many db servers with anywhere
from 30GB to 1.3TB of disk behind them utilizing Sybase, Oracle and
Informix.  The large ones we host an ADSM server on the DB server and
attach 3590/3494 hardware.  The small ones (<50GB) we send across the
network.  We need 9MB/sec!

Anyone else have success at pushing the 3590 envelope?

Thanks,

David Hendrix
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com