ADSM-L

Re: Ye ole "missing tape" problem

1997-06-23 11:49:10
Subject: Re: Ye ole "missing tape" problem
From: "Mark J. Cecil" <mjc AT WAYLOO.TCS.TULANE DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 10:49:10 -0500

> I'm sure this has come up before, but I can't remember how to solve the
> problem.  One of our tape pools started to do a reclaimation last week until
> one of the tapes it requested turned up missing.  An extensive search was
> conducted, but the tape is just gone.  It was probably not labeled properly
> and was reused by another process.
>
> Our problem is, what to do with the reclaimation?  We have marked the tape
> as unavailable, but the process asks for it anyway.  We can't seem to get
> ADSM to understand that the tape and its contents are gone.  Any suggestions?
> We are running ADSM v1 under VM.
>
> Martha

I assume you have a copy pool from which to reconstruct this tape...

1) ADSM> Update volume YOURVOL ACCESS=Destroyed

2) ADSM> Restore volume YOURVOL copystgpool=YOURCOPYPOOL

This should recreate the appropriate files on a primary storage pool volume.
Your reclamation can proceed.

Mark

--
============== See me at http://www.Tulane.EDU/~mjc ======================