ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:07:24
With great concern for offending academia, I'll wade in with this: businesses,
with the exception of our friends in government, which may not be considered
business anyway, don't seem to have the fear of data security that academia
does (or do, I've lost the tense in this fine sentence).  I find that odd.  Of
which data are we so concerned?  Eric's comments about physical security are
very valid.  I've seen the most elaborate of computer security techniques, but
anybody could have walked in a removed the whole damn site!

Your losses due to ineffective backup will probably be much greater than your
losses from security issues.

Some systems require more security than others.  Those with your most important
information should be treated specially.  Those without, do the best you can do.

Where there's smoke there's fire.  I'm still feeling a smokescreen.

Kelly