ADSM-L

How to backup/restore Novell-Files unter Windows

2015-10-04 18:07:24
Subject: How to backup/restore Novell-Files unter Windows
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 6/18/97 5:28AM
Sorry, but in the NetWare world, there is only the DSMC.NLM.  NetWare is not
a GUI operating System, so there is no slick way to do it.  All you have is
the command line interface.  The only way to use a Windows based machine to
do the restore is by using RCONSOLE - you cannot access the NetWare file
system backups from any other clients because the host client does not
understand the file structure.

There have been many discussions about why a better way is needed - perhaps
when V3 is announced next week there will be a silver bullet......

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    6/18/97 5:28 AM

I have only found the dsmc client for Novell which can operate on the
novell console only. What I am searching for is a way to
backup/restore Novell files with acl etc. from a Windows client. I
know that I can use the windows client with the -node option to get
the files but I don't think that it can handle Novell volumes, acl's
etc.

Christoph

Christoph Martin, Uni-Mainz, Germany
 Internet-Mail:  Christoph.Martin AT Uni-Mainz DOT DE