ADSM-L

Re: SHUTTING DOWN DSMC.NLM

1997-06-18 07:07:36
Subject: Re: SHUTTING DOWN DSMC.NLM
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,HiServ/NA" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 07:07:36 -0400
Dennis,
        It's pretty safe to unload DSMC while it's not doing anything (i.e.
waiting for the next scheduled event).  However, I'd caution against
unloading DSMC while it was 'active' (in the process of backing up or
restoring files).  I've seen that crash Netware servers on a couple of
occasions... in this case, it's much safer to cancel the session from
the ADSM server.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com