ADSM-L

Re: Serialization of Server commands,

2015-10-04 18:07:24
Subject: Re: Serialization of Server commands,
From: Hilton Tina [SMTP:HiltonT AT IS1.INDY.TCE DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I wrote a rexx script on our RS6000 to do this.  I wanted to make sure =
both
that the commands executed serially AND that they completed =
successfully,
and there's no way to know if a command fails because of a tape error or
similar problem without checking the activity log.  Looping on a q proc =
will
only tell you when the task is done, while looking through the activity =
log
for the message saying the task has completed successfully will let you =
know
that it worked.  How you do it depends upon how sure you want to be
everything was a success.

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics