ADSM-L

Serialization of Server commands,

1997-06-16 10:49:33
Subject: Serialization of Server commands,
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 08:49:33 -0600
Folks,

Ideally, the following ADSM server actions would be processed serially:

backup stg
backup db
backup volhist
backup devconfig

(the last two in no particular order)

However, both backup stg and backup db start sub-processes and then
serialization is lost.  One could set the subprocess limit to one, but that
isn't necessarily good in a live environment.  I'm using ADSM for NT.  Anybody
have any ideas how to serialize these steps?  Is there a scheduler for NT that
might help?  I'm not looking forward to writing the code to issue the backup
stg and looping on a query proc until finished, but if that's it...

Thanks,

Kelly