ADSM-L

Expiration Exasperation

1997-06-16 02:32:49
Subject: Expiration Exasperation
From: George R Hanebury <eacgrh AT EXPEC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 09:32:49 +0300
We recently had an incident where a disk failed and was replaced and a
backup run over the new empty filesystem. All the files were flagged
inactive. After much pain and suffering we managed to get things back
to where they were, but a concern came up for which I didn't have an
answer. If this happens do we have to worry about the files expiring?
Our expiry period is 1 year. Would the files be expired 1 year from
the point they were last backed up? Or 1 year after they were deleted
from disk? We have a lot of old files that are accessed frequently but
haven't been modified in a while.

Thanks,

-- Rick Hanebury from Sunny Saudi Arabia
   eacgrh AT expec DOT com
   eacgrh AT expec DOT com