ADSM-L

Re: Query Volume question -Reply

1997-06-13 09:29:13
Subject: Re: Query Volume question -Reply
From: David Wilshire <DWILSHIR AT LENSCRAFTERS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 09:29:13 -0400
Hi, Peter.

None of my client nodes should be doing compression in their
backup sessions.  Just to make sure, I set COMPRESS=NEVER
on all client nodes.

We'll see if that helps.

Thanks for the advice.

David

>>> Peter Zutenis <pzutenis AT IBM DOT NET> 06/12/97 07:16pm >>>
Hello David,

I experienced this as well when I first got 3590's installed here.
The tapes are storing 10GB of adsm compressed data. You
probably have compression turned on in your adsm clients.

Once I implemented a high speed backup solution from my
adsm clients to my adsm server, I turned compression off in my
client and , lo, adsm started reporting 'true' capacity of the 3590
volumes. So far, the maximum I have seen put onto a 3590 cart is
58.4 GB.

Best Regards,

Peter Zutenis
Principal Systems Programmer