ADSM-L

Re: Query Volume question

1997-06-12 17:14:37
Subject: Re: Query Volume question
From: David Ong <david AT BABYONG.NSC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 14:14:37 -0700
David,
Check your definition for the 3590 device class. Make sure that
format=3590c or format=drive. A 'q vol' on 3590 volumes will return an
estimated capacity of 10gb until the actual data stored on the volume goes
beyond that number. In that case, the estimated capacity will then reflect
the actual data bytes stored until the volume is full. After that the
number will again decrease as data on the volume gets expired.

At 04:36 PM 6/12/97 -0400, you wrote:
>When I do a Q VOL on our 3590 volumes, it shows a maximum
>capacity of 10GB per volume.  The native, uncompressed
>capacity is 10GB on this type of tape, but I've got hardware
>compression turned on.
>
>Does the Q VOL show compressed bytes or uncompressed
>bytes?  If this is uncompressed bytes, am I only using one-third
>of my volume?  Is there something I need to tell ADSM to bump
>the amount of data I can put on these volumes?
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>David Wilshire, Systems Administrator
>LensCrafters, Inc.
>"Knowledge Is Support"

Have a nice day or whatever's left of it.

David Ong
National Semiconductor Corp.