ADSM-L

Re: ADSM for AIX Server

1997-06-12 15:42:46
Subject: Re: ADSM for AIX Server
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 14:42:46 -0500
     Hi Jim-

   2.1.5.x has the pthreads enhancement which, as I understand, is similiar to a
tcb having multiple rb's in MVS.  AIX uses a round robin dispatching technique
wherein tasks waiting to run in a given priority level get bumped by 1 each time
the task ready queue is preempted.  Thus, eventually, everything gets
dispatched.  I'm running 2.1.0.12 on an R30/4-way with multiple Sybase servers
and have not had any "hog" problems, or for that matter, any noticeable slowdown
in Sybase.

You have my card,
Al Barth