ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:07:24
     Well, you  will notice that with UNIX the minimum you can get away
     with is a mountable file system... that is:
     q archive /home/.../* -subdir=yes
     or
     q archive /usr/.../* -subdir=yes
     where a
     q archive /.../* -subdir=yes
     will give you something back it will only contain what is in /

     and I must sadly admit that the good'ol command line let me down the
     other day...I was doing a query of a backed up file... all the way
     down to the last four characters at which time I used *  and I got
     back only the blah...day file listed and I was looking for the
     blah...week file, I was bummed, went and got the sched.log for the
     days around when the file was created, saw that it was backed up, ran
     the query again using the fully qualified name and it showed it to me
     and I restored it...
     Which brings me around to my opnion ;-)
     shy of a RESTORE/RETRIEVE of /filesystem/.../*
     or a restore/retrieve of a single specific file ya' can't count on
     anything...
     later
         Dwight