ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:07:24
Hello Eric,

I run my adsm server (2.1.0.12) on an IBM RS6000 SP 'wide' node that has 512mb
of memory and 3 internal 4.5 gb scsi disks. There are also 2 3590's and an 8mm
7131 tape library (dont use this in anger anymore) attached to this node. These
requirements are more than adequate for our needs. We basically use adsm to
backup the other nodes in the SP complex (3 frames, 12 thins, 1 wide and 7 high
nodes) and at this point do not backup any of the windows NT server but evil
forces in my company plan to do this in the near future (shudder). The main
workload for our adsm server is Oracle SAP R/3 backups via IBM's backint. At
his point in time I can get around 25 gb/hour though I belive this can be
improved with some tuning and fiddling.

So , I am quite happy with our current adsm sever configuration though more
dasd would be good and a 3494 tape robot wouldn't hurt either !.

Best Wishes,

Peter Zutenis
Philip Morris Information Services Ltd.
Moorabbin, Australia