ADSM-L

Re: Use of DLT tape libraries

1997-06-11 12:48:00
Subject: Re: Use of DLT tape libraries
From: Peter Thomas <Peter_Thomas AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 12:48:00 -0400
From: Peter Thomas on 06/11/97 12:48 PM
We've recently gone live with a 9710 and 3 DLT 7000 drives. So far, no real
problem (apart from the fact my automated operations procedures aren't
workiong that well).

If you use this solution, pay close attention to the README file that comes
with the IBM PRPQ for ADSM to support the 9710; due to limitation of the
StorageTek ACSLS software, you have to use an older level of the microcode
for the 9710 that appears (to at least ACSLS) as a DLT4000.

The IBM PRPQ and device drivers for ADSM are both supplied by Open
Microsystems.

Peter Thomas
Manulife Financial
Phone: (416)963-7371