ADSM-L

Re: Compressed Data Grew

1997-06-10 19:26:18
Subject: Re: Compressed Data Grew
From: Peter Thomas <Peter_Thomas AT MANULIFE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 19:26:18 -0400
From: Peter Thomas on 06/10/97 07:26 PM
What this is saying is that the compression algorithim being used by ADSM
has caused the file to grow in size, and ADSM decides to retransmit the
file to the server without compressing it! (It's a bit annoying, in that it
can have a fairly large effect on the amount of data being sent by the
client machine to the server)... If only the option existed to tell ADSM to
"Even IF this file grows, send the compressed data!". (I though that the
client option COMPRESSALWAYS YES would have that effect; the documentation
says it only applies to API clients! ...)

Peter Thomas
Manulife Financial
Phone: (416)963-7371
Fax: (416)926-5454